EXPLORE OUR REGION CONTEST
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be U.S. or Canadian residents, who are 18 years of age or older, and reside in the WUTV/WNYO viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast stations WUTV (the “Station”), WNYO, The Douglas Group, UPICKEM, Martin’s Fantasy Island their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Professional photographers may not enter.
How to Enter / How to Win
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry accepted per person, per week. An entrant who is otherwise a winner may be disqualified if they are found to have entered the contest more than once under separate e-mail accounts. Entrants can only enter a specific picture one time. If an entrant decides to enter a picture every week, it must be a different picture each week.
(b) To enter, log onto www.WUTV.com and click on the “Explore Our Region” icon. Register for this contest by entering your name, address, phone number, and birth date, together with responses to any informational questions included in the registration process, and upload a picture of the Western New York or Southern Ontario region. Picture must be submitted in Jpeg format. By entering, entrants represent and warrant that 1) they own all rights to the picture, 2) such picture does not violate the rights of any third parties, and 30 the picture submission is subject to the Station’s terms and conditions located at http://www.wutv29.com/sections/station/legal/terms.html. Additionally pictures may not be altered or enhanced by any software (i.e. photoshop) except to remove red eye. No mechanically completed entries will be accepted.
The contest starts at 10:00 a.m. EDT on Monday, June 24, 2013 and ends at 12:00 am EDT on July 29, 2013. Weekly entries must be received each week by 12:00 a.m. EDT on each following Sunday. Entries will not carry over to the next weekly judging. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries or for printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(d) All entries will be judged by a panel of two (2) judges based on the following criterion: content (25%), overall appeal (25%) composition (25%), subject matter (25%). Each Tuesday starting July 2, 2013 and ending July 29, 2013, the judges will select one (1) weekly winner based on the criterion set forth above for a total of four (4) winners. In the event an entrant or winner is disqualified, the picture with the next highest score from the judges will be selected. In the event of a tie, one winner will be randomly selected from among the tied entrants.
(e) All entries (including picture) received that are a duplicate, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entrants may not enter using multiple e-mail addresses or as multiple entrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple e-mail addresses or under multiple identities, or uses any other device to enter multiple times will be disqualified. All entries (including pictures) become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
(f) The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the contest should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes beyond the control of The Station, in its sole opinion, corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the contest or for any other reason at the sole discretion of The Station.
The Prize (s)
1. One (1) winner will be selected each week for a total of four (4) winners. Each winner will receive four (4) tickets to Martin’s Fantasy Island in Western New York. The total value of each prize will be $100. Winners will be notified of the actual retail value of their prize. Prizes must be used by September 15, 2013.
2. Each winner will be notified by email and phone. Within (2) two days of notification, winner must claim their prize in person at WUTV/WNYO, 699 Hertel Ave., Suite 100, Buffalo, NY 14207. Before receiving the prize, winner must provide their correct name, address, telephone number, and social security number to the Station at the time of notification. Before receiving prizes, winner must also sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility. Winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner is not eligible to be the winner, does not timely complete and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, or does not claim the prize within (2) two days of notification, then the prize will be forfeited, and may be awarded to the entrant with the next highest score. The Station reserves the right to extend the time period by which the winner must take necessary action to claim the prize.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of the Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., and Sinclair Television Group, Inc., The Douglas Group, Inc. UPICKEM are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
10. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. shall not be responsible for the failure of any winner to claim a prize as a result of such winner’s failure to receive an e-mail or phone call from the Station regardless of the reason for such failure.
Odds of Winning / Miscellaneous
1. Prize winners will be listed on the contest website. Official rules are available online at wutv.com.
2. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WUTV/WNYO, 699 Hertel Avenue, Suite 100, Buffalo, NY 14207 by September 30, 2013.
3. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, The Douglas Group, Inc., UPICKEM, Martin’s Fantasy Island, and any other sponsors accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
4. The Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
5. TThe Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates at any time and in its sole discretion.