Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be U.S. or Canadian residents, who are 18 years of age or older, and reside in the WUTV/WNYO viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast stations WUTV (the “Station”), WNYO, The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM, Pro Fireplace, Cappelli’s Pizzeria their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter / How to Win
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry accepted per account holder. An entrant who is otherwise a winner may be disqualified if they are found to have entered the contest more than once under separate e-mail accounts.
(b) To enter, log onto WUTV.com and click on the “Halloween Costume Contest” icon. Register for this contest by entering your name, address, phone number, and birth date, together with responses to any informational questions included in the registration process. Registered entrants will need to log on to upload his/her picture. Pictures must be in the form of jpeg. No mechanically completed entries will be accepted.
(c) By entering entrants represent that (i) the picture must be of himself or herself, (ii) they own all rights to the picture, (iii) the picture has not been altered or enhanced with any software, (iv) the picture does not violate the rights of any third parties, and (v) agree to the Station’s terms and conditions located at http://www.wutv29.com/sections/station/legal/terms.shtml. No lewd, nude, cruel, or offensive photographs (as determined by the station in its sole and absolute discretion) will be accepted. The Station reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any entry.
(d) The contest starts at 10:00 p.m EDT on Tuesday October 1, 2013 and ends on November 4, 2013. All entries must be received by 12:00 a.m EDT on Sunday, October 27, 2013 to qualify for the voting period. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries or for printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(e) Beginning Monday October 28, 2013 at 10:00 a.m. EDT and ending November 3, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. EST, registered UPICKEM voters or entrants can vote and select the one (1) picture of the entrant who has the best Halloween costume. Only one (1) vote will be allowed per account holder per day. On November 4, 2013, the Station will determine one (1) winner based on the picture entry with the most valid votes. The Station reserves the right to determine in its sole and absolute discretion whether the online votes are valid, and may disqualify and duplicate votes. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes by offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, vote farming, vote purchasing, or any other activity that artificially inflates such entrant’s votes as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source will be considered invalid. In the event an entrant is disqualified, the photo with the next highest number of votes as determined by the Station will be deemed the winner. In the event of a tie, one winner will be randomly selected from among the tied entrants.
(f) All entries (including pictures) received that are a duplicate, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries (including pictures) become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
(g) The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the contest should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes beyond the control of The Station, in its sole opinion, corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the contest or for any other reason at the sole discretion of The Station.
The Prize (s)
1. One (1) winner will be selected. The winner will receive a $100 gift certificate to Pro Fireplace and a $100 gift Certificate to Cappelli’s Pizzeria. Total prize value is $200. The prizes must be used by December 31, 2013.
2. Winners will be notified by email and phone. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within (2) two days of notification at the time winner(s) claim his/her prize in person at the Station. Before receiving prizes, winner must also sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility. Winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If the winner cannot be notified within three (3) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize may be forfeited, and an alternate winner with the next highest number of valid votes will be determined by the Station.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of the Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Communications LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., and Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Pro Fireplace, Cappelli’s Pizzeria are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
10. Sinclair Communications LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. shall not be responsible for the failure of any winner to claim a prize as a result of such winner’s failure to receive an e-mail or phone call from the Station regardless of the reason for such failure.
Odds of Winning / Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of votes received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WUTV/WNYO, 699 Hertel Avenue, Suite 100, Buffalo, NY 14207 Station and address and on the Station’s website at www.wutv.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WUTV/WNYO, 699 Hertel Avenue, Suite 100, Buffalo, NY 14207 by November 30, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Communications LLC, Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Buffalo, Inc., The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM, Pro Fireplace and Cappelli’s Pizzeria accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. The Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. The Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates at any time and in its sole discretion.